Click here to see our fiber products for sale.
· Paco-vicuna fiber comes in six shades - Natural White, Beige, Golden, Vicuna, Dark Vicuna, and Mahogany.
· There are two types of fiber - traditional and suri. Suri is rare.
· Traditional fiber has crinkle rather than crimp.
· Fiber is extremely light weight and lofts nicely.
· Desired micron count ranges from 13 – 20 and is sustainable through out the life of the animal.
· Fiber can be processed by commercial mills producing roving, yarn, fabric, and finished items. Fiber lengths from 1 ½ to 6 inches can be processed.
· Secondary hairs are present and keep the fiber from matting. Once shorn, the secondary fibers can be removed during commercial milling or by hand picking.
· Extreme density enables the fiber to stay clean.
· Sells from $20 – $70 an ounce depending on micron count.